Tuesday 29 October 2013

Recent activity

"I live at Lydd on Sea right on the seafront and this has been playing on my mind for a while.  Early one morning (approx 5.30am), I let my dog out for a toilet and heard a really strange noise.  It was like a child roaring (strangest way I can describe it like a quick rah! like a small child would make but quite deep).  My dog barked and ran indoors.  We have the nature reserve running behind our house and right out across the Marsh. A while later I had taken my daughter to Primary school in Brenzett and had returned using the dungeness road, I noticed a police car parked opposite the Dungeness Power Station and a Police officer stood by his car, armed with a rifle. Now perhaps I am over re-acting but i put 2 and 2 together and thought that maybe I was not the only person to have this experience.  I had to take my dog to the vets that morning for a pre-arranged appointment and when I said to them about it, i was told there were reports of a large cat within our area, even a report of a sheep carcas found up a tree.  Also when walking my dog with my children in the summer (along the old railway track towards the 'concrete ears' behind Romney sands), we witnessed large scratches on a tree and broken branches (it was not a large tree, more like a small apple tree or similar).  A friend of ours has mentioned that their neighbour encountered a large cat when walking her dog up the train tracks one evening a couple of years ago."

There has also been received a batch of other reports recently, one being from Tonbridge regarding a large cat-like creature slinking through the undergrowth.

No comments: